Thread: How I Do It

How I Do It

This is by no means "The Best" way to clean oil but it's as hands free as I can make it and I'm cleaning down to 2.5 microns

I fill that far barrel through a 600 micron barrel top screen. Then I heat it and pump it up to the elevated barrel. This I heat to approx 160*F and run it through the centrifuge below at ~ 3 gallons/hr.

The centrifuge drains into the tote below. When that is full I heat the oil in it and push it through the filter housing on top of the tote in the foreground; the bag in the housing is a 2.5 micron bag.

Hope this helps!
    Attached Images Attached Images

looks good....a couple of ????

I thought the CF has a range of 10-20 gph??
    Why filter after the CF ??

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wyomingowen View Post
    looks good....a couple of ????

I thought the CF has a range of 10-20 gph??
    Why filter after the CF ??

thanks
    I got a good deal on the filter bag housing so I figured why not? But after 300+ gallons the oil still blows through the bag without slowing down so I may just sell it

Super Moderator
    Looks good Frank!!

The slower the flow rate thru the CF, the cleaner the oil will be. A filter between the CF and the truck is an excellent insurance policy. If the CF is doing its job, this filter (and the one on the truck) should last a loooong time!!
    2001 F350 PSD, 4x4, CC, flatbed - custom leather seats, big honkin' bumper, '07 facelift, 160cc injectors, T4/S366 turbo and much more... 180k miles on WVO so far!
    2000 Excursion Limited Edition, PSD, 4x4 - 120k miles on WVO. Wrecked 5/13 - RIP. :(

veggiegarage.com authorized installer