Thread: New kid from Northwest Washington State

New kid from Northwest Washington State

Hello All,
    I just found this site and would like to see more of it as well as participate on the forums. I am retired and enjoying traveling about the US pulling a small travel trailer with a 99 Dodge / Cummins with grease conversion and 240 gallon total fuel capacity. My conversion is a blend of components from various vendors.

If your travels bring you the Pacific Northwest, I usually have a good supply of quality 1 micron filtered VO for a reasonable price. Travelers PM me for a fill up but no locals please.

Thanks for the opportunity to learn from you all and perhaps I may have a few helpful ideas to offer.

Veg-O-Matic

Welcome. Pics of the rig....even though it's a dodge....j/k

Sounds like I fun trip you have planned. I'm a little far east to help but I sounds like a great time. If you head up in from San Diego stop off In San clemente at a small taco stand called Pedros tacos. Grab some fish tacos. They are awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
    Welcome. Pics of the rig....even though it's a dodge....j/k

Sounds like I fun trip you have planned. I'm a little far east to help but I sounds like a great time. If you head up in from San Diego stop off In San clemente at a small taco stand called Pedros tacos. Grab some fish tacos. They are awesome

Thanks, I love a good fish taco. Don't have a picture handy just now but the Dodge is a plain old 2wd Ram 2500 unmodified (except for the veg conversion). Under the canopy are 3 tanks; 1-100 gallon, 1-60 gallon, and 1-40 gallon. The 40 is the service tank which is coolant heated and automatically filled, as needed, utilizing float switches from the auxillary tanks. It's been an incredible towing rig with a 2800 mile range without refueling...4200 miles without trailer in tow. 214,650 miles without a major repair.....yet.

We're hoping to find a source of VO when passing through the Phoenix area in June.....anyone? Beernink[at]wildblue.net

Man that's awesome. The whole purpose of buying mine was for a tow rig. I'd like to see your tank setup some time. I've got a 45 gal tank going in the bed. May end up with the 38 gal aux tank under the bed later. I'm looking at a 41 foot 5th wheel so I'm sure I'll be sacking fuel pretty good.

There are some guys in the phoenix area. This board isn't as active. Might try biofuelstechnologies.com. pretty much the same guys on both boards. This one is newer and slower. Also might get on powerstroke.org. In the biofuels section there are a lot of veg guys.

Also azdave is in the Phoenix area. He might know some folks

Super Moderator
    Welcome! Is this Tom? I'm glad you posted!!! Our friend Krause is passing thru your area next month and is looking for a fill-up before he heads east.
    2001 F350 PSD, 4x4, CC, flatbed - custom leather seats, big honkin' bumper, '07 facelift, 160cc injectors, T4/S366 turbo and much more... 180k miles on WVO so far!
    2000 Excursion Limited Edition, PSD, 4x4 - 120k miles on WVO. Wrecked 5/13 - RIP. :(

veggiegarage.com authorized installer

I just talked to Andrew and regretfully will be "on the road" at the time he needs oil. We are in the same situation, needing VO when in the Phoenix area but unfortunately none to be found.