Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vandys Obs Veggiestroke install.

Happy for you Vandy. I can't really offer any advice on the OBS specific install, but since this is the internets and everyone has an opinion on everything, here's mine.

I'd offer Dave's advice to use the after-run wire install instructions here http://www.veggiegarage.com/toolslinks.php I read the BFT instructions and opted to go Dave's route and it was a snap

and throw some shutoff valves on the veg fuel side and coolant sides to isolate if you ever run into a need to troubleshoot. <--- Pandolf advice

Above the mirror gauges are awesome, fuel pressure, fuel temp and veg tank level.

Get the heat shrinkable crimp connections for any wiring connections made outside the cab or double wall heat shrink tube over reg crimps.

Find the nearest hydraulics fitting supply or hose repair shop in case you need a fitting/bushing/adapter. I met a good greaser friend because his v3 kit was missing a 04 AN fitting and he reached out through the forums on St Pats day (he installed over a weekend and no stores were open). He was greasin' the next day and he has burned over 1500 gals of my oil since.

On your first test of the system after install, prime the veg system into a bucket or pull a vacuum to get fuel to the manifold from the tank.

Veg-on,
    02 F350, 255k, cclb, 203 deg, coolant filter, stancor GPR, max a/c, severe duty air, 30,000 Veg miles - The White Bus

DIY vegburner, 100gal split tank GFS (repurposed) tank, hot fox, 20 plate FPHE, check valves relocated so serviceable, purge, HOH, stainless braided teflon lines everywhere, heated Racor 1000FH and 23amp FASS pump.

No bubbles No troubles

Vandy,

SUPPOSED TO SAY 3 gauge pillar sorry

I have a 2 gauge pillar cheap if your in need. PM me.

The OBS are taking over.
    Last edited by wyomingowen; 04-02-2014 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnOilRig View Post
    Happy for you Vandy. I can't really offer any advice on the OBS specific install, but since this is the internets and everyone has an opinion on everything, here's mine.

I'd offer Dave's advice to use the after-run wire install instructions here http://www.veggiegarage.com/toolslinks.php I read the BFT instructions and opted to go Dave's route and it was a snap

and throw some shutoff valves on the veg fuel side and coolant sides to isolate if you ever run into a need to troubleshoot. <--- Pandolf advice

Above the mirror gauges are awesome, fuel pressure, fuel temp and veg tank level.

Get the heat shrinkable crimp connections for any wiring connections made outside the cab or double wall heat shrink tube over reg crimps.

Find the nearest hydraulics fitting supply or hose repair shop in case you need a fitting/bushing/adapter. I met a good greaser friend because his v3 kit was missing a 04 AN fitting and he reached out through the forums on St Pats day (he installed over a weekend and no stores were open). He was greasin' the next day and he has burned over 1500 gals of my oil since.

On your first test of the system after install, prime the veg system into a bucket or pull a vacuum to get fuel to the manifold from the tank.

Veg-on,
    Not the 1st time I've read about the shut off valves and that actually sounds like a great idea. I'm probably going to heed this advice

I love the roof mount gauges but I couldn't find one for an obs.

I need to look into the hydro supply shop. Should be plenty around. This reminds me I was going to ask dave what extra hoses I was going to need to plumb the hotfox
    Quote Originally Posted by wyomingowen View Post
    Vandy,

SUPPOSED TO SAY 3 gauge pillar sorry

I have a 2 gauge pillar cheap if your in need. PM me.

The OBS are taking over.
    I've actually got a 4 gauge pillar pod sir. One for egt, fuel level, fuel pressure and coolant temp

I appreciate it though

What is the best way to cut the hole in the bed for the fuel/coolant lines?

Quote Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
    What is the best way to cut the hole in the bed for the fuel/coolant lines?
    I have a nice sharp hole saw you can use. Forget what size it is but I bought it just for this reason.